You do not need to be a Chef to make the best cheese balls recipe. It is surprisingly easy and incredibly delicious.
Surely, you tried them at a shop or a friend’s party, and they blew your mind. Are they snack? Are they the main dish? Unlike other recipes, you can prepare the cheese balls for many occasions, even for a playful dinner that your kids will enjoy too.
Discover: The Top 8 Party Themes Ideas
Best Cheese Balls Recipe – Does the type of cheese matter?
While you can experiment based on your favorite cheeses, we prefer to use semi-hard cheeses that melt nicely.
Therefore, we suggest using Emmental, cheddar, and gouda cheese. All of them taste amazing, and they melt really well!
Don’t miss: Must Try BBQ Spare Ribs
As always, you will need a few utensils that should already be lying around your kitchen, such as a bowl, a cheese grater, a pan, and a spatula.
In case you do not have some of the utensils above, you can take a look at our editor’s choices below.
Can I prepare the Best Cheese Balls Recipe a few days before?
Well, yes, you can. If you are short on time, or you want to surprise your unexpected guests, you can prepare the cheese balls ahead of time and store them in the fridge.
Then, once you are ready to fry them, just dip them in a bit of water, then in flour, and then fry them.
- 80 grams grated Emmental Cheese
- 80 grams grated Cheddar Cheese
- 80 grams grated Gouda Cheese
- 140 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Sunflower oil
- Start by pouring the sunflower oil into the pan until it reaches 3 cm in depth.
- Then, place the pan on the stove and use a medium to high heat. We need the oil to be heated very well.
- In a bowl, place the grated cheeses, the egg, the salt, the pepper, the smoked paprika, and 40 grams of flour.
- Mix the ingredients until you get a nice, firm dough.
- Make balls using your hands.
- Dip each ball to the rest of the flour in order to create the crust.
- Place the balls in the hot oil and fry for 2-3 minutes. The cheese balls should get a beautiful golden-brown color.
- Take them out with a spatula, or kitchen tong and put them in a dish with a piece of kitchen paper.
- Once the excess oil has been absorbed by the paper, transfer the cheese balls to a serving plate.